Saturday, April 3, 2010

Best Ham Ever!

This is not a freezer recipe, but I thought I would post this in case you want to use it tomorrow for your Easter ham! It is a super easy recipe. It cooks in the slow cooker, freeing up your oven for your other dishes. The cola tenderizes the meat and the rub adds just the right amount of flavor! Fabulous!

BEST HAM EVER

1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
1/4 cup cola-flavored soda
3 to 4 pound precooked ham

In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard & horseradish. Moisten with just enough cola to make a smooth paste. Reserve remaining cola.

Rub entire ham with mixture. Place ham in slow cooker and add remaining cola. (I usually add more than the 1/4 cup called for. I figure the can is opened, so why not?)

Cover slow cooker and cook on low for 6 to 10 hours, or high for 2 to 3 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment