I realized today that I haven't posted in a new recipe in a while. Sorry about that, but life has been crazy lately! So, here's a quick and easy recipe that is also good for you!
MEXICAN CHICKEN
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
20 oz. jar (2 cups) salsa
1 large red bell pepper, chopped
2 TBSP ground cumin
2 TBSP lemon juice
2 TBSP chili powder (I only use 1-1/2)
3 cloves crushed garlic
2 (15 oz) cans black beans, rinsed and drained (I used 1-1/2 cans when I made it – which was enough)
Cooking Day: Place chicken in gallon size Ziplock freezer bag. Mix together salsa, red bell pepper, cumin, lemon juice, chili powder, garlic and beans and add to bag. Freeze.
Serving Day: Thaw. You can either cook this on low 4 to 6 hours in your slow cooker, or place it in a 9x13 pan and bake at 400 degrees for an hour or so.
Serve with rice if desired. Would also be great topped with some Mexican cheese!
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment